Preregistration and matriculation
Students who meet the access requirements and wish to enrol in one of the specific taught components of the doctoral programmes offered by the University of Salamanca and regulated by Royal Decree 99/2011 must apply through completing the preregistration procedure.
Preregistration applications is here . The archival file will include the following numbered documentation:
- Copy of national identity document or passport
- Copy of the university qualification that allows the applicant access.
- Transcript of the courses studied for the university qualification that allows the applicant access. This must expressly mention courses’ names, durations and qualification levels, as well as the average grade obtained.
- Copy of the university degree certificate and, where appropriate, for international qualifications, a copy of the access decision for master’s studies at the University of Salamanca.
- Transcript of the subjects studied in the degree
- Curriculum vitae
- Commitment of a researcher associated with the programme to act as tutor, supervisor or co-supervisor of the thesis. This can be in any format, in an email message or on the formalised acceptance form.
- Specific documentation required for each doctoral programme. Information on this documentation is located in the “additional information” section for each doctoral programme.
Preregistration is a separate procedure from the access procedure to be completed by all students with foreign qualifications from outside the European Higher Education Area. Individuals should have received a favourable outcome to the access procedure before completing the matriculation process
New students admitted to a doctoral programme must formalize their matriculation in it.
Documentation that must be submitted:
- Doctoral studies enrolment form
- Photocopy of national identity document or passport.
- Copy and original of the certificate for the master’s degree that makes the student eligible for the doctorate, or a copy and the original of an official academic transcript attesting to the student’s successful completion of at least 60 ECTS credits at master’s level. Students required to have had the equivalence of their degree accredited must provide a copy of the decision.
- Copy and original of the certificate for the student’s undergraduate degree, except in the case of students who were required to have the equivalence of their degree accredited, in which case a copy of the decision must be provided.
- Students who completed undergraduate and master’s degrees that comprise ECTS credits in a member country of the European Higher Education Area must submit original proof that the master’s degree allows the student access to doctoral teaching in the issuing country.
- Certificate of positive evaluation for at least two years of specialist health training in any of the specialities in health sciences, where appropriate.
- Copy and original or certified copy of the certificate-diploma of advanced studies obtained under R.D. 778/1998, or of the certificate of research proficiency obtained under R.D. 185/1985, where appropriate.
- Where appropriate, supporting documentation for fees discount or exemption (large family, application forms for scholarship, etc.).
Location: Administration Office for the Doctoral Schools, University of Salamanca (Patio de Escuelas Menores, s/n, 37008 Salamanca)
STUDENTS IN THEIR SECOND YEAR OR LATER DO NOT NEED TO GO THROUGH THE FORMAL PREREGISTRATION PROCESS ON THE BASIS THAT THEY ARE ADMITTED IF THEY HAVE RECEIVED A POSITIVE ANNUAL EVALUATION AND RECEIVED A RATING OF “SUFFICIENT.” Students in this category will complete matriculation on the following dates:
Doctoral studies enrolment form
The deadline for cancelling matriculation is